Saturday, September 6, 2008

First blog...here we go

So, I'm a little new to the blogging world. I have known about blogs and I have read other people's blogs and finally, I have my very own blog. Thank you, thank you. No flash photography please...

I think the person who will appreciate my blog the most is my hubby. It will finally give his ears a break and allow him to focus on more important things like, the Sci-Fi channel, weeds in the yard, dog poop in the backyard and did I already mention the Sci-Fi channel?? LOL..

He loves me, I know this, but he does not love all the complaining that I do. I think my complaining is funny, useful, helpful, constructive and a way to vent when something happens that I don't like. My complaining is hardly ever directed AT him, but because we are together a lot he gets to hear all about the cashier at Albertson's that tried to short-change me, the guy on I-10 that cut me off (on purpose I'm sure!) and the fact that everyone around me is pregnant, but me.

I try to convince him that I am me, no more- no less. I have not changed since we met, he will confirm this and these are all of the wonderful things that make up this creature that my parents called Angelica. I tell him he should be lucky that he found me....he just smiles and agrees.

All in all I am a very lucky girl. My husband is great; he cooks (wonderfully) and likes to keep a clean house. He is a home body and so am I, we both share a love of pets and we want a family.

Maybe one day he will be able to appreciate allthingsAngelica.

NEW TOPIC***
So, I talked with a woman today that I haven't talked to in a long time. It was great! We used to work together a few yrs ago when I lived in FL. I was so nice to catch up on old times and get all the good gossip from the old job. My how things have changed/evolved and at the same time things didn't change at all. I was amazed at how many people are still at that job. When I worked there it was a place that had a very high turn-over, mostly due to the stress and BS. It was nice to hear the stories about new babies being born, marriages, promotions and people who had left to better their careers. Oddly enough it was equally, if not more fun, to hear about the divorces, secret love affairs, people who had been fired and people needing to come out of the closet. What is it about gossip, that is soooo good. (only when it's not about you) Why do we enjoy hearing about things in people's lives that are not going so good? I think maybe because it somehow makes us feel a little better about ourselves. It can be nice to know that you are not the only one experiencing a certain situation. For example, let's say that you and your significant other got into a fight. There is some comfort in knowing that the "perfect couple" also fights. I suppose it normalizes a situation.

Albeit gossip can be hurtful and mean-spirited and should be avoided if at all possible. There that was my disclaimer. LOL... had to put that in there.

Stay tuned for future blogs as I really get going about the next knuckle-head that intentionally did something to try to ruin my day. This was just my first blog, a test blog if you will.

No comments: