Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricanes, babies, blogs....oh my!

So far I am enjoying the blogging world. I enjoy reading other people's and I like to leave comments for them. No one has responded yet, but that's ok. I'm trying to figure out what it is about blogs that has taken the world by storm in the last few years? Is our world gotten so busy that we don't really have time to talk to each other like we used to , so here's my blog read it when you have time kinda thing? Are we becoming so antisocial in face-to-face situations that we prefer to communicate via the interwebs? Are we so lonely that we feel we don't have anyone to talk to that we know really well and so we rely on internet friends? Anyway, those are my thoughts about blogs. I'm sure I have a million more but that's enough for now; I don't want to spoil you.

I heard today at work that Hurricane Ike is coming for the east coast of Texas and they are sending some evacuated people here to El Paso. Weird to think that I lived in the Tampa Bay area all my life and then I come to the desert of Texas just to hear about Hurricane refugees here. Berry interesting. Oh, meanwhile there is a tropical storm/depression out in the Pacific that is near Cabo San Lucas that is causing a lot of rain here in El Paso. We are currently under a flash flood warning. Guess that what happens when the desert gets a lot of rain. The Rio Grande is swelling quickly and if the rain keeps up it will overflow. When it rains it pours....lmao. (pun intended)

On to my next rant...babies and pregnant women. Why is it that everyone, and I mean everyone, is pregnant or has a newborn on their hip? I even bumped into this man at Albertsons who was pregnant...maybe that was just a beer belly, but you get my point. I think it's some kind of punishment for something horrible that I've done to someone. Ok, ok, ok I don't really think that I'm being punished. It just sounded funny to say. Sometimes it's laugh or cry you know? I was supposed to have an appointment with a midwife today to discuss the miscarriage and my fertility but thanks to an insurance glitch I was unable to attend the appointment. Go Insurance!!!! Thanks for being so wonderful. I really want to talk about my miscarriage, but I think that needs to be it's very own posting. Stay tuned for that story...it's a real tear-jerker.

No comments: